POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Legality : Re: Legality Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Legality
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 30 Jan 2012 17:32:51
Message: <4f271a93@news.povray.org>
On 1/30/2012 9:08 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> You would have thought deliberate deception was illegal everywhere, but
>>> apparently not...
>>
>> Wasn't there some weeks ago a link to a note that Fox news was banned in
>> Canada because of misleading journalism while it of course is completely
>> legal to broadcast in the US. I think there is a trend here.
>
> As best as I can tell, it is completely legal in the UK to print utter
> nonsense and claim that it is fact or even "news".
>
> Unless you claim something untrue about a /person/ or /financial
> entity/. Then they can choose to sue you. But if you write that, say,
> MMR causes autism, that's 100% legal. Nobody can sue you for that... If
> you say that /they claimed/ this, they can sue you for lying about what
> they said. But other than that...
Yeah. They could go a long way in helping things, or at least giving
skeptics a lot of grins, if they had to mark Fox like news shows, scams,
and/or crazy ass shit like a recent thing ($5 to stream it, or $100 for
their book) involving anarchic-capatolism, American style Liberianism,
government conspiracy, and the magic of toroidal quantum, something or
others, to provide "free energy", by requiring they are labelled the
same way as some laws do psychics and palm readers, i.e. "For
entertainment only." lol