POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all Server Time
29 Sep 2024 15:26:32 EDT (-0400)
  The most dangerous species of all (Message 11 to 20 of 104)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: The most dangerous species of all
Date: 30 Apr 2009 15:21:15
Message: <49f9fa2b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   It's sad, really. Maybe the only consolation is that we will eventually
> kill ourselves

I don't know how consoled I feel by this possibility.

Post a reply to this message

From: somebody
Date: 30 Apr 2009 16:56:46
Message: <49fa108e$1@news.povray.org>
"Kevin Wampler" <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote in message
> Warp wrote:

> >   It's sad, really. Maybe the only consolation is that we will
eventually
> > kill ourselves
>
> I don't know how consoled I feel by this possibility.

I'm pretty sure you both will be dead long before humanity expires one way
or the other, so I fail to see why one could either be consoled or
non-consoled.

Post a reply to this message

> "Kevin Wampler" <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote in message
>> Warp wrote:
>
>>>   It's sad, really. Maybe the only consolation is that we will
> eventually
>>> kill ourselves
>> I don't know how consoled I feel by this possibility.
>
> I'm pretty sure you both will be dead long before humanity expires one way
> or the other, so I fail to see why one could either be consoled or
> non-consoled.

Well, I'm pretty sure the last man on Earth far off in the future will
say the same careless thing as you now, but is about to die from a
terrible tragedy anyway. :P

This argument of "well, that's a problem for our sons and grandsons"
really bothers me.  We may well have no descendants to handle that kind
of responsability.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9

Post a reply to this message