POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all : Re: The most dangerous species of all Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most dangerous species of all
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 30 Apr 2009 17:25:28
Message: <49fa1748$1@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> I'm pretty sure you both will be dead long before humanity expires one way
> or the other, so I fail to see why one could either be consoled or
> non-consoled.

I believe it's an artifact of caring about things which don't directly
impact me.  I suspect you agree with this, so perhaps there's some term
that we're reading different meanings in to?

On a bit of a tangent, I do agree that it's highly unlikely that
humanity as a whole is in any danger of actual extinction in the near
future.  I don't think it's an important point though, since there's
plenty enough bad things that can happen to both us and other species
without any need for our total extinction, and there is at least the
possibility of some of those obtaining during our lifetimes.