POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : COBOL Wow Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  COBOL Wow (Message 1 to 10 of 32)
From: Darren New
Subject: COBOL Wow
Date: 11 Apr 2009 13:51:39
Message: <49e0d8ab$1@news.povray.org>
70%-80% of UK business transactions are handled by COBOL programs.
I knew it was still big, but not that big.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/apr/09/cobol-internet-programming
--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Warp
Subject: Re: COBOL Wow
Date: 11 Apr 2009 14:32:31
Message: <49e0e23e@news.povray.org>
> 70%-80% of UK business transactions are handled by COBOL programs.
> I knew it was still big, but not that big.

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/apr/09/cobol-internet-programming

  Looking at COBOL example code, it looks like a mix between INTERCAL and
LOLCODE. Except that perhaps LOLCODE is easier to understand.

  (Looking at Fortran examples, it doesn't look any better...)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message