POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 19:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  How True (Message 21 to 30 of 76)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: How True
Date: 9 Apr 2009 10:46:15
Message: <49de0a37@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> "Are you telling me I can dodge bullets?"

> "No, I'm saying you won't have to."

> "Is that because I'll become so powerful that I'll transcend violence?"

> "No, it's because you can stop bullets in mid-air.  You'll still have to
> dodge punches and kicks."

> WHAT THE HE**?

  It's all simulated by computer physics routines. Different routines
govern non-sentient inert bullets than the punches of sentient humans
and machines. Just because you can hack into one part of the physics
routines doesn't mean you can hack into them all.

  That's how I understand why eg. agents can dodge bullets but not
punches: They can predict with complete perfection the trajectories
of bullets in a split second because the bullets are 100% governed by
the simulation, but they can't predict what a human will do (eg. when
he punches) and thus they have to rely solely on reflexes.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message