POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 21:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Apr 2009 12:52:39
Message: <49de27d7$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Also, people often seem to decide beforehand whether they're going to like a
> movie or not, which is a bewildering feat of doublethink to me.

I usually try to expect the movies to suck. That way, when they're merely
average, it was fun to watch them. :-)

> (Re the Matrix sequels, they are, IMO, not at all bad. Not as well-written and
> paced, or indeed plotted, as the first film, but perfectly enjoyable.

Another problem is that they weren't really as surprising. The first movie
explored a fascinating idea with lots of possibilities. The other two simply
continued on. IMO.

Sort of like how Episodes 1-3 had to have a certain outcome, so it really
wasn't possible to make it surprising that Anikan turned, or that the jedi
got slaughtered, or whatever.

IME, when a first movie is good, the second movie sucks because they put in
all the parts they thought made the first movie unique instead of all the
parts that made it *good*, and by the third movie they've figured out why
the second bombed.  With a few notable exceptions, of course.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)