POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How True : Re: How True Server Time
29 Sep 2024 21:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How True
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Apr 2009 13:04:33
Message: <49de2aa1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> I don't think it sucked because it went against the fandom reception of the
> first view. I think it sucked because it tried to *build* on that very fandom
> reception

That's what I was talking about with the three sequels. Look at Indiana
Jones. First movie is wonderful.  Second movie takes creepy-crawlies and
juju magic and big explosions and immanent death to extremes, but without
anyone you really care about being involved and without mysteries or even
knowledge of how bad the bad people really are.  Third movie is back to it
being about people, and mystery, and giant evil, with relatively little
chase scenes or graphic messiness.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)