POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling stuff (Message 154 to 163 of 283)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Compiling stuff
Date: 15 Dec 2008 18:37:18
Message: <4946ea2e$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 23:27:13 +0100, andrel wrote:

> On 15-Dec-08 23:15, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>>>
>>> WTF?
>>
>> Do *you* know what the keystroke to quit the program is? :-P
>>
> q or q! if you made changes. Am I missing something?

technically, :q or :q! - the first will exit and prompt you if you made
changes, the second will quit and not save your changes.  If you want to
quit and save changes, then :w will write.  I prefer shift+ZZ myself, it
quits and writes changes. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Wow... The concept of using a free OS on a product specifically designed
> for vendor lock-in seems astounding to me...

Nobody can stop free software from running anywhere, not even Apple or Dell!! :D

Post a reply to this message

> >> WTF?
> >
> > Do *you* know what the keystroke to quit the program is? :-P
> >
> q or q! if you made changes. Am I missing something?

Yes, : before q. ;)

Andrew, both emacs and vi come with quite good interactive tutorials.

Post a reply to this message