POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 15 Dec 2008 21:19:36
Message: <49471038$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> There are better chances now that it will than ever before.  And if you
> go for Cedega (or Transgaming, or whatever they're calling themselves
> now), they've expanded the supported function calls so there's actually a
> very good chance it *will* work.

	I tried Cedega some years ago. It didn't do it for me. Perhaps it was a
bit better, but overall it wouldn't let me play what I wanted. This is
also compounded by the fact that most games I play are *not* one of the
top 10-20 games around.

	Also, having a Radeon 8500 LE doesn't help. Especially my version of
the chip, which a number of projects have washed their hands off of. I
have 3-D working, but not all of it. Currently, Wine knows about the
issue and aren't too interested in coding to fix it (and they're not
even sure they can).

	Transgaming's attitude in those days was more like "You're card is not
commonly used among our customers - so low priority (i.e. never)."

	Same comments for the games.

--
Psychoceramics: The study of crackpots.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z