POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 15 Dec 2008 23:19:59
Message: <49472c6f$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> And guess what?  I don't miss any of them.  I can't remember the last time
> I needed a program to do something, did a google search, and only found a
> Linux app that wouldn't run under Windows.

	I didn't really address this. I don't know how true this is today, but
5 years ago, it wasn't unusual that I'd have trouble finding a _free_
program to do what I needed in Windows, whereas Linux would have it. Go
back even a few more years and this was even more common. In those days,
getting quality free software on Windows was rare.

--
Psychoceramics: The study of crackpots.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl