POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 11:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  The decline of mindpower (Message 89 to 98 of 138)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: The decline of mindpower
Date: 6 Jul 2008 04:32:39
Message: <48708327$1@news.povray.org>
>> All I can say is that IME, as soon as you ask somebody about a job they
>> instantly say "how many years experience do you have?" If you say some
>> number less than 3, suddenly nobody wants to know you. I have no idea
>> what the hell is so special about 3, but what ever. Employers seem
>> completely uninterested in what qualifications you have, only how much
>> experience you have.
>
> How long have you been where you are now?

Far too long. (At any rate, much longer than 3 years!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 6 Jul 2008 05:10:42
Message: <48708c12@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> I'm just waiting to see how many get the reference. ;-)

I think very few, if any, would have gotten it without my second message.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 6 Jul 2008 05:15:26
Message: <48708d2e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Not only that, you have to pay mandatory annual car insurance (good
> thing, I suppose) as well as a mandatory annual car tax (you receive
> nothing in return, it's a *pure* tax for simply *owning* a car, without
> any benefits).

That has been easied, the tax of owning a car also demands the car to be
marked to be allowed to use in traffic. IE my other summer car is marked
"not in traffic" atm, so I don't pay taxes nor insurances of it.

>   On the plus side, you'll usually get a fast broadband internet connection
> for a quite moderate price here.

In a city.