POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The decline of mindpower : Re: The decline of mindpower Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The decline of mindpower
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Jul 2008 07:28:13
Message: <u1b174to98g6r3u2cq5hfg3db9kdq9f4m8@4ax.com>
On 6 Jul 2008 06:21:06 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
>> http://www.visionofhumanity.org/gpi/results/comparison/2008/CA-DK-FI-GB-US/
>
>  The "electoral process" gets a flat 10 in that list. I seriously disagree,
>but that's another story.
>
>  (Yes, I know that things are pretty good here in that field compared to
>many other countries, especially the so-called "banana republics", but
>I wouldn't give Finnish electoral system a full 10. Maybe a 9. There are
>details which really grind my gears.)

There are so many ways to make comparisons that it sometimes seems meaningless.
A score of 10 is a bit suspect IMO unless Finland is taken as the standard :)
Life expectancy and Infant mortality are good indicators. I was a bit surprised
that Finland scores 3 on Willingness to fight against the UK and USA's 2.
Initially I only looked at the ranking but looking a bit further at the figures
I see that the UK has 0% for "Number of visitors as % of domestic population" In
2001 there were 22.8 million tourists that travelled to the UK with 11.5 million
visiting London. No wonder it feels so crowded.
I don't trust this site completely but then that's internet rule #1 (in my book)
--

Regards
     Stephen