POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yet another Doctor John rant Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Yet another Doctor John rant (Message 31 to 40 of 143)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Yet another Doctor John rant
Date: 31 Mar 2008 11:03:30
Message: <47f10b52$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Damn. In my universe, anything that says Core 2 Duo on it is likely to
>> cost several hundred pounds by itself... :-(
>
>   You mean like in weight?

Well, I've never held an Intel CPU before, but the AMD Athlon X2 I had
the other week sure was damn heavy for such a tiny little thing...

[What's it made of? Lead??]

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 31 Mar 2008 11:05:52
Message: <47f10be0$1@news.povray.org>

>> Wine AppDB lists "Counter-Strike: Source Retail / Steam" in the top-10
>> platinum list ("Applications which install and run flawlessly on an
>> out-of-the-box Wine installation").
>
> *one raised eyebrow*
>
> You're telling me a game making intense use of 3D hardware [not to
> mention CPU-intensive physics simulations] will actually work under
> software emulation?

Software emulation???

Wine will convert the DirectX calls into OpenGL calls. (well, not
"convert"; it just has a DirectX "library" where all functions just call
OpenGL functions)

Post a reply to this message