POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Platonic, Archimedean and Catalan solids include files Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:39:36 EDT (-0400)
  Platonic, Archimedean and Catalan solids include files (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Bill Pragnell
Subject: Re: Ouch - this must hurt ;-)
Date: 24 Sep 2009 04:10:01
Message: <web.4abb290594248926dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > I shall try to expedite further polyhedra!
>
>   Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity, espouse
> elucidation.

I did. Mine was a perfectly straightforward and concise sentence.

I had to look up 'sedulous', and was previously unaware of 'hyperverbosity'. If
only you could have found an obscure multisyllabic synonym for 'and'... ;-)

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 04:08:37 EDT, "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> Bill Pragnell <bil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> > I shall try to expedite further polyhedra!
>>
>>   Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity, espouse
>> elucidation.
>
>I did. Mine was a perfectly straightforward and concise sentence.

It was, it was ;)

>I had to look up 'sedulous', and was previously unaware of 'hyperverbosity'. If
>only you could have found an obscure multisyllabic synonym for 'and'... ;-)

How about "in conjunction with"?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> >I had to look up 'sedulous', and was previously unaware of 'hyperverbosity'. If
> >only you could have found an obscure multisyllabic synonym for 'and'... ;-)
>
> How about "in conjunction with"?

Ah, but then you need multisyllabic versions of 'in' and 'with' too! ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 04:08:37 EDT, "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:

> >Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >>
> >>   Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity, espouse
> >> elucidation.
> >
> >I did. Mine was a perfectly straightforward and concise sentence.
> >

> It was, it was ;)

> >I had to look up 'sedulous', and was previously unaware of 'hyperverbosity'. If
> >only you could have found an obscure multisyllabic synonym for 'and'... ;-)
> >

> How about "in conjunction with"?

  That would change the meaning.

  "Avoid A and B" means avoiding both A and B, but "avoid A in conjunction
with B" means avoiding them when done together, but doesn't necessarily
mean you should avoid them in separation.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

On 24 Sep 2009 08:25:16 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 04:08:37 EDT, "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom>
>> wrote:

>> >I did. Mine was a perfectly straightforward and concise sentence.
>> >

>> It was, it was ;)
>
>> >I had to look up 'sedulous', and was previously unaware of 'hyperverbosity'. If
>> >only you could have found an obscure multisyllabic synonym for 'and'... ;-)
>> >

>> How about "in conjunction with"?
>
>  That would change the meaning.
>
>  "Avoid A and B" means avoiding both A and B, but "avoid A in conjunction
>with B" means avoiding them when done together, but doesn't necessarily
>mean you should avoid them in separation.

So it does.

Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity likewise prolixity, either
singularly or conjointly, espouse elucidation.

Someone else can get rid of the "or" :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> >  "Avoid A and B" means avoiding both A and B, but "avoid A in conjunction
> >with B" means avoiding them when done together, but doesn't necessarily
> >mean you should avoid them in separation.
>
> So it does.
>
> Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity likewise prolixity, either
> singularly or conjointly, espouse elucidation.
>
> Someone else can get rid of the "or" :)

You could chop out the whole 'either singularly or conjointly' I reckon. Or
maybe just replace it with 'preferably conjointly'? I think there should
probably be a semicolon in there somewhere, too.

:)

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:40:40 EDT, "Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>You could chop out the whole 'either singularly or conjointly' I reckon. Or
>maybe just replace it with 'preferably conjointly'?

You could, that's true but...

> I think there should
>probably be a semicolon in there somewhere, too.
>
>:)

I thinks so too but where is beyond me. Darren will know.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message