POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I fix surface perfections on my render? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  How can I fix surface perfections on my render? (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: circuit
Subject: How can I fix surface perfections on my render?
Date: 9 May 2020 19:45:01
Message: <web.5eb73fc759256ef14eff8dd80@news.povray.org>
Hey all. Just started using POV-Ray with FreeCAD. I'm trying to render a solid
assembly, and so far have had reasonable success. The issue I'm facing is that
the output surface has a lot of imperfections around edges. You can see what I
mean here:

https://i.imgur.com/jmSYFlA.png

I've played around with a bunch of settings, but nothing seems to work. Here's
my current .ini settings:

        Input_File_Name="tester.pov"
        Width=1600
        Height=1200
        Output_Alpha=true
        Antialias=On
        Antialias_Threshold=0.05
        Output_File_Type=N
        Initial_Frame=1
        Final_Frame=20
        Subset_Start_Frame=1
        Subset_End_Frame=20

Here's the .pov template:

            // Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer Scene Description File
            // for FreeCAD (http://www.freecadweb.org)

            #version 3.6;

            #include "colors.inc"
            #include "metals.inc"
            #include "rad_def.inc"

            global_settings {
                radiosity {
                    Rad_Settings(Radiosity_Normal,off,off)
                }
            }

            #default {finish{ambient 0}}

            sky_sphere {
                pigment {
                    gradient y
                    color_map {
                        [0.0  color LightGray]
                        [0.3  color White]
                        [0.7  color LightGray]
                    }
                }
            }

            // Standard finish
            #declare StdFinish = finish { crand 0.01 diffuse 0.8 };

            //RaytracingContent

            //default light
            light_source {
                cam_location
                color White
                area_light <100, 0, 0>, <0, 0, 100>, 10, 10
                adaptive 1
                jitter
            }

Finally here's the camera view in FreeCAD:

        // Generated by FreeCAD (http://www.freecadweb.org/)
        #declare cam_location =  <427.57,263.719,-212.527>;
        #declare cam_look_at  = <59.4051,145.125,-29.1809>;
        #declare cam_sky      = <-0.271638,0.959461,0.0751569>;
        #declare cam_angle    = 45;
        camera {
          location  cam_location
          look_at   cam_look_at