POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Advice on how to generate labeled surface Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Advice on how to generate labeled surface (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Advice on how to generate labeled surface
Date: 1 Apr 2014 16:40:01
Message: <web.533b2330cf09dd6b76fce390@news.povray.org>
I'd like to be able to do this or similar:
http://home.online.no/~t-o-k/POV-Ray_Images/NURBS_Bivariate.jpg

Is this done with a texture?
UV mapping? (my best guess)

Thanks to anyone who can give me some tips or a full-fledged solution.

Bill

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Advice on how to generate labeled surface
Date: 1 Apr 2014 19:03:47
Message: <533b45d3@news.povray.org>

> I'd like to be able to do this or similar:
> http://home.online.no/~t-o-k/POV-Ray_Images/NURBS_Bivariate.jpg
>
> Is this done with a texture?
> UV mapping? (my best guess)
>
> Thanks to anyone who can give me some tips or a full-fledged solution.
>
> Bill

Tor Olav Kristensen used a nurb macro of his making that create a mesh
that can be UV mapped.
That image is an example of that macro.

Post a reply to this message