POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Advice on how to generate labeled surface : Reverse engineer mapping transformation? Server Time
14 May 2024 21:45:49 EDT (-0400)
  Reverse engineer mapping transformation?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Apr 2014 14:37:02
Message: <533efbce$1@news.povray.org>
So, I wrapped a grid around some items, and the graphic file obviously
gets distorted in places.

Is there a way to create a object whose length and width vary as the
inverse of the mapping transformation?  I'd probably be able to puzzle
this out in 2d, but the 3D solution is a little intimidating.

I know squat about NURBS, and this would a good first approximation to
getting the grid to retain most of its shape.