POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Height_field clipped_by a box Server Time
13 May 2024 17:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Height_field clipped_by a box (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: mathieu r
Subject: Height_field clipped_by a box
Date: 29 Aug 2012 04:35:00
Message: <web.503dd37771e7393e270882f00@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Me again..
Sorry if I post a lot..

I wanted to clip a height_field by a box using clipped_by but it doesn't work

height_field {
        png
        "IN\dem.png"
        smooth
        texture{

        pigment {
        White
        }

        finish {
        ambient 0.1
        diffuse 0.55
        }  }

        clipped_by { box { <0,0,0>,<10,10,10 > }}

        translate <-0.5,0,-0.48>
        scale <14,4,14>
}

However, intersection works. Intersection isn't the best, I think, for that
purpose? clipped_by or bounding-by seems more convenient.

Mat

Post a reply to this message