POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : camera-angel Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  camera-angel (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Subject: camera-angel
Date: 17 Jan 2001 16:37:42
Message: <3a6610a6@news.povray.org>
Hi again,

I showed my wife my current work with Pov and she said: "All those walls are
oblique". And she is right of course. I know, it's a matter of the
camera-angle and the perspective camera. I looked in the help-file to find
which is the default camera angle, but can't find it.
So what is the default angle and which angle will give me more "realistic"
results (I know, that it's realistic anyway, but ...)

Thanks,

Marc-Hendrik

Post a reply to this message

> I showed my wife my current work with Pov and she said: "All those walls are
> oblique". And she is right of course. I know, it's a matter of the
> camera-angle and the perspective camera. I looked in the help-file to find
> which is the default camera angle, but can't find it.
> So what is the default angle and which angle will give me more "realistic"
> results (I know, that it's realistic anyway, but ...)
>
> Thanks,

When looking for 'angle' in the camera part of the documentation you find
how it's related to 'direction' which defaults to <0, 0, 1>

Linien).  If you use an orthographic camera, they will not occur at all.

BTW, with a horizontal camera the walls should not be oblique anyway.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

> I showed my wife my current work with Pov and she said: "All those
> walls are oblique". And she is right of course. I know, it's a matter
> of the camera-angle and the perspective camera. I looked in the
> help-file to find which is the default camera angle, but can't find
> it. So what is the default angle and which angle will give me more
> "realistic" results (I know, that it's realistic anyway, but ...)

As I recall, the default angle is about 67 degrees.
And as for what angle will give you "realistic" results, that depends on
your scene, camera position, desired field of view, and the effect you
are trying to accomplish. There isn't any such thing as a "realistic"
angle.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><