POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : camera-angel : Re: camera-angel Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera-angel
From: Chris Huff
Date: 17 Jan 2001 17:08:25
Message: <chrishuff-1DC231.17092817012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a6610a6@news.povray.org>, "Marc-Hendrik Bremer"
<Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> I showed my wife my current work with Pov and she said: "All those
> walls are oblique". And she is right of course. I know, it's a matter
> of the camera-angle and the perspective camera. I looked in the
> help-file to find which is the default camera angle, but can't find
> it. So what is the default angle and which angle will give me more
> "realistic" results (I know, that it's realistic anyway, but ...)

As I recall, the default angle is about 67 degrees.
And as for what angle will give you "realistic" results, that depends on
your scene, camera position, desired field of view, and the effect you
are trying to accomplish. There isn't any such thing as a "realistic"
angle.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><