POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : camera-angel : Re: camera-angel Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera-angel
From: Bob H
Date: 18 Jan 2001 04:52:26
Message: <3a66bcda@news.povray.org>
You often find trying to achieve non-obliqueness in a closed environment is not
always possible.  To see 1/4 of a room for example you can't really get rid of
perspective.  Open areas are easier to compensate for by moving the camera a
ridiculous distance away and narrowing the 'angle'.
I more often than not use angle 30 or less because that's about where spheres
in corners retain better spherical shapes, although I do use much higher for
those panoramic scenes.  In fact the render I just posted at p.b.i. yesterday
uses the angle 67.

Bob H.