POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Good ways to keep curly braces straight Server Time
29 Apr 2024 01:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Good ways to keep curly braces straight (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Good ways to keep curly braces straight
Date: 10 Mar 2014 15:41:46
Message: <531e157a$1@news.povray.org>
... and the subject was intended to read just like THAT!   :D

Anyway,
I have a small (~500 line) file that I keep having issues with after
editing, where I either have an extra, or a missing curly brace.

I'd like some tips and tricks on organizing and visually keeping track
of my SDL code, and maybe even some clever thingsd embedded in the code
to help locate where the offending error resides.

Post a reply to this message

Le 10/03/2014 20:42, Bald Eagle nous fit lire :
> ... and the subject was intended to read just like THAT!   :D
>
> Anyway,
> I have a small (~500 line) file that I keep having issues with after
> editing, where I either have an extra, or a missing curly brace.
>
> I'd like some tips and tricks on organizing and visually keeping track
> of my SDL code, and maybe even some clever thingsd embedded in the code
> to help locate where the offending error resides.

what editor are you using ?
Some have the capability to:
 1. find the matching braces
 2. indent the code according to braces

For instance, with vi/vim/gvim, one basic trick is: all opening &
closing curly are alone on their own line. Indenting is just a matter of
moving to one curly brace and press =% (just two keys: = then % )
and everything inside the block get indented (to the amount of sw, so
':set sw=2' for an indent of 2 spaces)

Post a reply to this message