POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Good ways to keep curly braces straight : Re: Good ways to keep curly braces straight Server Time
15 May 2024 06:10:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Good ways to keep curly braces straight
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 11 Mar 2014 03:08:54
Message: <531eb686@news.povray.org>
On 03/10/2014 04:35 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Unfortunately, I'm running it on Winbloze, and so am using the internal POV-Ray text
editor.  I
> DL'd a text app for Win 8.1 that highlights brackets and parentheses, but haven't
tried to get
> pov-ray to run on that OS yet...
>
> I guess as soon as I get over this cold, I'll just try to pick through it all and
establish a
> logical and consistent indentation methodology.

You might try the free notepad++.  One of its capabilities is to show/hide blocks of
code, you
can sometimes find mismatched braces this way.  I'm sure there are other editors with
this
capability as well, but I do know notepad++ will do it.  I expect it will run on
Windows 8, but
don't know for sure.

<aside>
I'm a Linux guy, and have no interest in changing my Windows 7 installation to 8.  I
stick to
Linux (Mint) and rarely run Windows.  Actually, my preferred Windows editor is notetab
-- notice
that is noteTAB not notePAD.  But notepad++ is also an excellent programmer's editor
-- and free
as well.
</aside>

      -=- Larry -=-