POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media Tutorial? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Media Tutorial? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: John Vodden
Subject: Media Tutorial?
Date: 3 Aug 2002 18:08:57
Message: <3d4c5479$1@news.povray.org>
Hi

Does anyone know of any decent tutorials into the use of media (unless I've
missed something the tutorials in the docs doesn't cover this)? I've used
emitting media in the past for a candle and it seemed quite effective but
I'm now interested in the use of scattering media. I tried making a sphere
containing media around a light source (which appears to be a fairly
standard technique) but I ended up (6 hours 2 minutes and 34 seconds later)
with a scene that looked worse than it did before I decided to experiment! I
thought that a tutorial might help teach me what media can acheive and how
to use it but I've found links to 2 (and possibly a third) tutorials from
multiple locations all of which appear to be dead links :( Are there any
tutorials out there which could help me?

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to give me.

Post a reply to this message