POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media Tutorial? : Re: Media Tutorial? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Tutorial?
From: hughes b
Date: 4 Aug 2002 10:32:07
Message: <3d4d3ae7@news.povray.org>
"John Vodden" <jav### [at] gmxcouk> wrote in message

> The docs suggest that "intervals 10" is the default value anyway but I
shall
> play around with the different methods and see what things look like.

For method 3, the default method, it starts at 1 and increases if needed. So
that one is kind of automatic.

> scattering at rgb <1,1,1> so it was extremely intense. It hadn't occured
> me to reduce this (in the same way as you do with lights) to make it less
> intense, I thought that would be a density issue.

Simply put, density can be used alone to control any emission and/or
absorption being used to act as a kind of fog. Scattering can be used alone
or with those things for interacting with the light sources in various ways.
And that's about as simplistic as it gets until you try going about doing
something with it.
That was kind of a joke, BTW. I think most the difficulty is not knowing
when to settle for a certain appearance. Seriously though, I still struggle
along when I think I'm going to brighten up the air with media and
everything goes dark instead.