POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media Tutorial? : Re: Media Tutorial? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:12:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Tutorial?
From: John Vodden
Date: 4 Aug 2002 16:55:13
Message: <3d4d94b1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3d4d1293$1@news.povray.org>, "John Vodden" <jav### [at] gmxcouk>
> wrote:
>
> This is the one thing that caused me the most trouble when I was first
> trying to figure out media. It took me a while to realize that the same
> value controlled both color and density, and that the "density" stuff
> was just to pattern the density.

So would I be right in thinking that the colour will set the max density and
the "density" will make a pattern with densities less than and up to that?
(not the nicest way of phrasing it I'm sure!)

I don't know what I did to make it take 6 hours... I've had a play with it
(both in the original scene and with a few "spheres above planes") and it
doesn't take anything like that long. WIERD :)