POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Mark
Subject: Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem
Date: 30 Jul 2002 02:15:05
Message: <3d462ee9$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all...

Mark here. I am extremely new to POVray, and Ihave a couple quick questions.
I model an object in Moray, and render it in POVray, but a lot of my
objects(including some .udo files I import) have really bad aliasing on the
edges that I cannot seem to figure out. I have tried all the settings I can
to get these to work. Basic objects like Spheres and cones, etc. don't seem
to have this problem. If I make an object...say a column, that uses a few
merged shapes, the whole thing looks like crap. I had tried raising the
resolution levels, the antialiasing levels, and even the #x#
settings....HELP! I really think I could be good at this stuff if I could
get past these small problems I keep running into. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Post a reply to this message