POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem : Re: Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Jul 2002 11:09:00
Message: <3d46ac0c@news.povray.org>
In article <3d4696be@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   You should look at the final image, which is saved by POV-Ray to the
> directory configured in Moray or POV-Ray itself (probably the same directory
> where the scene file itself resides), with some image viewer.
>   Moray scales the image to the preview window, which can cause some
> artifacts which aren't in the actual rendered image.

I think none of you guys read his second post (maybe it wasn't there, the
date suggests it was however) and didn't carefully read his first one
either.  he used some incorrect terminology in the first one but still
described his problem accurately....

If you carefully read the first post you find that he reports the problem
only with objects from udo files.  AFAIK (I don't use Moray) those are
simply triangle data files.  So the problem is not with POV-Ray but with the
input data triangles.  I don't know what options Moray has to smooth
triangle meshes, but I guess there is some, so maybe someone could explain
him how to do that?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde