POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem : Re: Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem
From: Mark
Date: 30 Jul 2002 03:19:34
Message: <3d463e06$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

Mark again. I re-read the original post I made, and after a quick crash
course in ray trace nomenclature, I found that I actually have a bad
"aliasing" problem. The edges of my renderings have a "stepped" or "jagged"
look to them, and I would like them to go away. I have rendered a few
spheres over planes (standard newbie fare I hear) and they turn out nice,
but I can't get a complex model(by my standards anyway) to render nicely. Is
there anyone who can tell me what settings to specify to get the nicest
renderings? If I knew the maximum setting, and the minimum as well as what
the setting is and where to place it, I think I can work out the rest.
Please, can someone help? I have some nice models I have made, and would
like to see them realized in a nice rendering.

Thanks and regards,

Mark