POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : vanishing point ?? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  vanishing point ?? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: MR
Subject: vanishing point ??
Date: 12 Nov 2001 12:42:59
Message: <3bf00a23$1@news.povray.org>
hello,

i have a question but i'm not exactly sure of the terminology.  i've
got a scene looking out a window to a sky plane.  i've carpetted a
lot of the ground, the x/z plane, with gilles's grass, but i want the
horizon line higher than what it is.  isn't the horizon line something
similar to a vanishing point in a perspective drawing?  can't it be
adjusted up or down without tilting or repositioning the camera?
maybe not.

i looked in the pov docs under sky, plane, horizon, and vanishing,
but i didn't have any luck.

thank you, miker

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:42:34 -0500, MR wrote:
> hello,
>
> i have a question but i'm not exactly sure of the terminology.  i've
> got a scene looking out a window to a sky plane.  i've carpetted a
> lot of the ground, the x/z plane, with gilles's grass, but i want the
> horizon line higher than what it is.  isn't the horizon line something
> similar to a vanishing point in a perspective drawing?  can't it be
> adjusted up or down without tilting or repositioning the camera?

Sure.  You can move the plane up, which is pretty much the same thing
as moving the camera down.

--
#macro R(L P)sphere{L F}cylinder{L P F}#end#macro P(V)merge{R(z+a z)R(-z a-z)R(a
-z-z-z a+z)torus{1F clipped_by{plane{a 0}}}translate V}#end#macro Z(a F T)merge{

Post a reply to this message

hahaha.  ok.  thanks ron.  that wasn't exactly what i had in
mind but i think it comes close to answering my question.
i wished for the plane to stay right where it was on the x/z
plane... i just wanted the line where it vanished into the
horizon to be higher, without juggling the camera.  i am
going to assume now that the horizon line can only be
adjusted by either adjusting the camera or the plane.

thanks, miker

news:slr### [at] fwicom...