POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : old version... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  old version... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Teddy Bear
Subject: old version...
Date: 1 Mar 2001 14:31:41
Message: <3a9ea39d$1@news.povray.org>
I want to translate this scene script. Someone can help me ?

Thanks.

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"

camera {
    location < 0, 0, -8>
    look_at < 0, 0, 0>
}

light_source {
    < 6, 10, -4>
    color White
}

sphere {
    < 0, 1, 0>, 2
    pigment {
        color rgbt < 1, 1, 1, 1>
    }
    halo {
        emitting
        spherical_mapping
        linear
        turbulence 1.5
        color_map {
            [ 0.0 color rgbt < 1, 0, 0, 1> ]
            [ 1.0 color rgbt < 1, 1, 0, -1> ]
        }
        samples 20
    }      }
    hollow
}

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob H
Subject: Re: old version...
Date: 1 Mar 2001 23:54:33
Message: <3a9f2789@news.povray.org>
To be blunt, it's not a straight changeover going from halo to media, it can
take a lot of adjustment and still might not be exactly reproduced.
The following might be about what you had before, I couldn't check since
this PC doesn't have POV-Ray 3.0 on it.  Looks about like what you might
have intended.

Bob H.

sphere {
    < 0, 1, 0>, 2
    pigment {
        color rgbt < 1, 1, 1, 1>
    }
    interior {
     media {
        intervals 5 samples 10, 20
        emission <2,1,1> // color adjust here or use scattering {}
         density {
        spherical
        turbulence 1.5
           density_map {
            [ 0.0 rgb < 0.01, 0, 0> ] // less fades
            [ 1.0 rgb < 1, 1, 0> ] // more is denser
         } // density_map
         } // density
     } // media
     } // interior
    hollow
}

Post a reply to this message

> To be blunt, it's not a straight changeover going from halo to media, it
can
> take a lot of adjustment and still might not be exactly reproduced.
> The following might be about what you had before, I couldn't check since
> this PC doesn't have POV-Ray 3.0 on it.  Looks about like what you might
> have intended.
>
> Bob H.
>
> sphere {
>     < 0, 1, 0>, 2
>     pigment {
>         color rgbt < 1, 1, 1, 1>
>     }
>     interior {
>      media {
>         intervals 5 samples 10, 20
>         emission <2,1,1> // color adjust here or use scattering {}
>          density {
>         spherical
>         turbulence 1.5
>            density_map {
>             [ 0.0 rgb < 0.01, 0, 0> ] // less fades
>             [ 1.0 rgb < 1, 1, 0> ] // more is denser
>          } // density_map
>          } // density
>      } // media
>      } // interior