POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Suggestion for a Snake design! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestion for a Snake design! (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Simon Lemieux
Subject: Suggestion for a Snake design!
Date: 3 Jun 2001 00:14:14
Message: <3B19BAA8.543D1B4@yahoo.com>
Hi,
  I've decided to work on a little OpenGL game of mine again and this time I
decided to do a remake of the Gobbler game in which you have a snake that eats
chunks of food and grows and goes faster and you must not hit anything...  I
hope you get the picture...

Anyway, I would like to have a rendered snake in my game and I would animate the
snake with an animated texture in OpenGL consisiting of a number of different
images (ie not a gif... but many pngs!)

My problem is that I haven't program with povray for a long while and I became a
bit rusted over the time...  I was wondering what were my best bet to make a
curve in a cylinder and also curve the texture along the way... I've tried using
Chris' Bend include file, but it doesn't seem to work nice, or I haven't
mastered it for this use...

Anyway, maybe there might be easier ways to do this, basically I would need 4
kind of images:
The head
The Tail
The Body
A curve in Body

The snake should only turn 90 angles...

A           :
|  +--+     |
+--+  |     |
      +-----+

See what I mean?

I will start making the game core right away and will put simple graphics as for
those four things (Probably just letters, for now...)...

As soon as it looks good, I should upload pictures of in-game play, since the
textures should all be rendered with POV-Ray I believe this might be good for
pov.bin.images!

Thanks for any suggestion,
  Simon

--