POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Suggestion for a Snake design! : Re: Suggestion for a Snake design! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion for a Snake design!
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 3 Jun 2001 18:48:35
Message: <3B1ABFE0.29780731@yahoo.com>
> You say that your game is an OpenGL game. I know almost nothing about OpenGL
> but I thought it was a real-time polygon rendering engine or something like
> that. Have I got it all wrong?

You are perfectly right!

> However, you say that you want the graphics to be rendered in POV-Ray
> indicating that you intent to use prerendered graphics for the game, and
> indeed the images posted in povray.binaries.images also indicate this, as
> they seem very 2D-like.
>
> So I'm not quite sure if you want both the objects and the textures to be
> rendered in POV-Ray, or if you only want to render the textures in POV-Ray
> and do the objects in OpenGL.
>
> Chances are I have just misunderstood the whole thing caused by my ignorance
> in this matter. Either way, I might be better able to help you if you
> explain a little more clear what you want to do.

I might not have explained myself as clear I should have...

The polygons that make the snake are actualy squares with a plane texture on it.
The textures are images that should be rendered with POV-Ray or as for now I've
done them with GIMP, but I hope to replace them very soon! ;)

I don't need the POV-Ray 3D object unless of course I have to render it myself,
but otherwise all I need are images (Specially in RGBA PNG).

Since I'm not trying to hire anybody around, I agree to make my own images, but
I'm not as good in POV-Ray as in OpenGL so I would need help to make them look
good!

I hope I have settled things quite correctly, feel free to ask any other
questions!

Thanks,
  Simon

--