POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Curving cylinders and cones? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Curving cylinders and cones? (Message 14 to 23 of 23)
From: Simon Lemieux
Subject: Re: Curving cylinders and cones?
Date: 3 Oct 2000 21:12:39
Message: <39DA845A.C594FF0@yahoo.com>
> I'd say make a script to generate triangle meshes, use isosurfaces (requires MegaPOV
from
> nathan.kopp.com), or (for the cylinders only) a torical section; if you need math
help let
> me know.

Yes this is good, I would actually make a C++ program for this, as I usually
do...

But,  I forgot to say about interior...  it is being discussed in
povray.advanced-user and as I know a bunch of triangles togheter won't have a
proper interior... which will be important as soon as I get a curver cylinder,
this is my next step, I forgot to mention it...

I think the best way to do it is still to put a few cylinders togheter and curve
them myself...  the junction could be made with an intersection of the two
segments and the union of the two segments themselves, etc...

What do you think?

--
+-------------------------+----------------------------------+
| Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |

Post a reply to this message

> I think the best way to do it is still to put a few cylinders togheter and curve
> them myself...  the junction could be made with an intersection of the two
> segments and the union of the two segments themselves, etc...

You mean paste together cylinder sections? Tori section would have infinite resolution
and
render fast... and isosurfaces give you the ultimate control, you give it a function
and it
renders the implicit surface...