POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Who uses POV ray? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Who uses POV ray? (Message 26 to 35 of 35)
From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: Re: Who uses POV ray?
Date: 11 Aug 2000 17:07:45
Message: <39946b21$1@news.povray.org>
news:3993d6df@news.povray.org...
>   2) The quality is good. The lack of a modeller is only a little
annoyance
>      (you can't use a 3rd party modeller anyways).
                ^^^^

Uhh...

-Ian

Post a reply to this message

From: J Charter
Date: 11 Aug 2000 21:38:26
Message: <3994AA50.ED09B234@aol.com>
Adam wrote:

> In other words, it seems to me that Povray has few practical
> applications,

I've never made much money  from my paintings either.  (Though enough to
raise my father-in-law's eyebows)  Furthermore, they've been paying me good
money for a decade or two to write business programs, and as far as I can
determine, I haven't done one worth the money yet.  Raytracing is for
depiction. It appeals to anyone who likes to observe the world. Staying
close to the code is to stay close to the world.

Post a reply to this message