POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : some special kind of glass (sorry, I don't know the english word for it...ground glass?); Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  some special kind of glass (sorry, I don't know the english word for it...ground glass?); (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Wolfgang Illmeyer
Subject: some special kind of glass (sorry, I don't know the english word for it...ground glass?);
Date: 25 Apr 2000 15:28:51
Message: <3905f1f3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi, people.

I already posted this in povray.programming, but they told me to post it
here

I'd like to produce some kind of street lamp, but it has some special kind
of glass (somebody said 'ground glass', but I'm still not sure, if it's the
right name), I can't produce...
You should not be able to look through it, it should have a white color, and
it should let the light through. And if there's light on the other side of
the glass shining in the camera's direction, it should be visible on the
glass....
(This glass is used in these detective-films, for example; maybe you know
these office-doors with the white glass and the black text on it....)

Please help me

Thanks in advance
Wolfgang

Post a reply to this message