POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : some special kind of glass (sorry, I don't know the english word for it...ground glass?); : Re: some special kind of glass (sorry, I don't know the english word for it...ground glass?); Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some special kind of glass (sorry, I don't know the english word for it...ground glass?);
From: Chris Huff
Date: 25 Apr 2000 20:13:08
Message: <chrishuff_99-952867.19160725042000@news.povray.org>
In article <39062EF7.1EFF9133@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> Using media densities is really not that slow in the official version.
> It's when you use scattering media that things slow way down.

You would have to use scattering media to get ground or frosted glass to
work right. Emitting media might fake it under some special conditions,
but it would be limited, and I think absorbing media would be useless
for this.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/