POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : some special kind of glass (sorry, I don't know the english word for it...ground glass?); : Re: some special kind of glass (sorry, I don't know the english word for it...ground glass?); Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some special kind of glass (sorry, I don't know the english word for it...ground glass?);
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 25 Apr 2000 21:59:10
Message: <39063FAD.E35A80DC@peak.edu.ee>
You can get the effect with scattering media in the lamp shade. It does require
a bit of tweaking, though. The render time will be somewhat high if you desire
smooth results. Alternatively you might want to try using MegaPOV, which has a
different method for rendering media. It will give smooth results at lower
settings and thus render faster.
I'll post an example scene to povray.binaries.scene-files; perhaps you can use
it as a basis.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee