POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Povray Bug? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Povray Bug? (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Charles & Paula
Subject: Re: Povray Bug?
Date: 30 Dec 1999 15:02:10
Message: <386BBAB4.9B0D1CB2@cybercable.fr>
Yes
POVRAY alone (without megapov) is crashing (It works well one time after
povray installation and then for each use, it is crashing).

I have done all what people said but unfortunaltly no change in the system
crash.
-disabled Norton CrashGuard

Charles

Nathan Kopp wrote:

> Charles & Paula <pcd### [at] cybercablefr> wrote ...
> > As I have explained PovRAY is working well the first time after
> installation.
> > Then after some time it stops windows. It doesn't seem to be linked to
> video.
> > This happens just after the first time I use Megapov
> >

> If you don't ever run MegaPov, will POV-Ray crash?
>
> -Nathan

Post a reply to this message

Sadly it sounds asthough your only option is to
reinstall windows.

I heard of someone having this problem a while ago
and his solution was a windows reinstall, after trying
many other things, (think it was Bill Dewit).

Good luck.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 10:38pm  up 5 days, 10:57,  7 users,  load average: 1.06, 1.09, 1.04

Post a reply to this message

I just started using povray and was playing with some simple scenes and the quality
settings. And I was wondering, is there a way to put the quality setting in the pov
file and not on the command line.

Thanks in advance
koos

Post a reply to this message