POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Povray Bug? : Re: quality settings Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: quality settings
From: omniVERSE
Date: 18 Jan 2000 06:05:54
Message: <38844912@news.povray.org>
news:388429C6.6B931D11@pacbell.net...

> koos wrote:
> > I just started using povray and was playing with some simple scenes and the
quality settings. And I was wondering, is there a way to put the quality setting
in the pov file and not on the command line.

> I have never tried this but you might want to check out the docs on the
> use of .ini file options. I am pretty sure that you can specify quality
> settings in a .ini file for your scene so you do not have to specify them
> on the command line each time you run the program. This of course would
> be a POV-Ray for Windows only solution. If you are using a different
> platform I am not sure what the proceedures would be.

The Ini files can also be called upon at a command line, in DOS for instance,
basic idea is that a non-pov or non-inc file is read for input (I'm going by
memory here).  However for doing so within the scene file (*.pov) you need to
use MegaPOV patch like Nieminen J. has suggested.  Then you simply place a
ini_option "Quality=9" , for example, into 'global_settings'.

Bob