POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : modeling programs Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  modeling programs (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: Steve
Subject: Re: modeling programs
Date: 12 Jan 2000 23:53:33
Message: <slrn87qkon.2e7.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:08:07 +0800, Cameron Cooper <hoj### [at] wantreecomau> wrote:
>Hey, I'm fairly new to this stuff ( this stuff being raytracing, modelling,
>ect ) I've read so many times that its better to learn the pov-ray code
>before you start using modellers...I've read what I could understand of the
>Pov-ray documentation, but in it there seems ( to me anyway ) that there is
>a gap between the basics ( basic shapes, cameras, lights that sort of
>stuff ) and  more advanced ( for a begginer anyway :) shapes
> patches,blobs, ect ) im sure all this will come clear to me with time and
>practice, luckily time is all i seem to have....one upside to being a bum :)
>Anyway I've learned some of the basic code, then i downloaded spatch, moray,
>and an export from spatch to moray and have been able to make some pretty
>cool stuff ( compared to red sphere on a checker plane i started off with :)
>At this point with the modellers it seems like "re-inventing the wheel"
>learning all the pov code....for me "this point" is fairly basic...once it
>gets more advanced is there heaps you can do with the pov code that a
>modeller cant do?

I've tried modellers, Moray twice each time for about two days, but couldn't
get to grips with it,  and I've tried Spatch twice and read all the tutorials
but those lines on the screen just confuse me.  My hat's off to those who
have such an ability with modellers.

So it's hand code for me all the way.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

Post a reply to this message

Steve <sjl### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...
> I've tried modellers, Moray twice each time for about two days, but
couldn't
> get to grips with it,  and I've tried Spatch twice and read all the
tutorials
> but those lines on the screen just confuse me.  My hat's off to those who
> have such an ability with modellers.
>
> So it's hand code for me all the way.
>

> --
> Cheers
> Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk
>
> %HAV-A-NICEDAY Error not enough coffee  0 pps.
>
> web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/
>
> or  http://start.at/zero-pps

I have the same confusion problem with all the numbers in povray :)
but you all have conviced me to give the code another go.....time to hit the
tutorials :)

thanks

Cameron

Post a reply to this message