POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sometimes Image map is more appropriate then texture? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Sometimes Image map is more appropriate then texture? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Skelter
Subject: Sometimes Image map is more appropriate then texture?
Date: 30 Jul 1999 10:27:38
Message: <37a1b65a@news.povray.org>
I'm working on the hull for a boat.  I don't think "carving" the hull from a
texture is appropriate, in this case, as the boat would be made of planks of
wood or plates of metal.  This would probably best be done by wrapping an
image map and bump map on each side of the hull.  I don't want to model
individual planks.

Since I'm new at this, I thought I'd check with you knowledgable folks and
give you a chance to set me straight.

-s

Post a reply to this message