POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sometimes Image map is more appropriate then texture? : Re: Sometimes Image map is more appropriate then texture? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 22:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sometimes Image map is more appropriate then texture?
From: Steve
Date: 30 Jul 1999 18:50:49
Message: <37A21C64.EDA7A5E4@ndirect.co.uk>
Skelter

I don't know if you've investigated macros and while loops yet,
they can take a lot of the drugery out of making multiple similar
objects.

Eg:

#declare OnePlank =
difference{
               cylinder{<0,0,0>, <0,0.25,0>,1
                           scale <1.25,1,1>
                           texture{some sorta wood/metal}
                          }
              }

#declare BoatHull =
union{

         #local CountScale = 0.05;
         #local PlankScale = 0.5;
         #local PlankPlace = 0.25;

         #while(PlankScale<2)
             object{
                       OnePlank
                       scale<PlankScale,1,PlankScale>
                       translate <0,PlankPlace,0>
                      }

             #local PlankPlace = PlankPlace+0.25;
             #local PlankScale=PlankScale+CountScale;

       #end

object{BoatHull}

Something like that, hope it helps.

--
Cheers
Steve

%HAV-A-NICEDAY Error reading file mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk