POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rgb-cube and problems with media Server Time
6 Sep 2024 06:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  rgb-cube and problems with media (Message 6 to 15 of 35)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
Subject: Re: rgb-cube and problems with media
Date: 25 Jul 1999 10:01:30
Message: <379b18ba@news.povray.org>
yep, a wrong value for max_trace_level was the reason,
but... this is still a mystery to me, because I know I didn't specify
ANY global_settings in the scene file yesterday, and POV-Ray still
produced garbage; today I tried again (I didn't make any changes) and
these black squares were gone! The only explanation I can imagine is
that POV-Ray crashed (which happens under Windoze95 quite often) and
after restarting POV-Ray it got a bit confused and somehow used a
wrong value (6 or 7?) for max_trace_level!?

Anyway, there is left a strange white vertical line in the middle of
the rendered picture. Does anyone know why?

btw I'm using version 3.1a.watcom.win32 [Pentium II optimized]

would it be possible to achieve the same result (without that white
line of course *g*) by using density_map / color_map on a _single_
cube instead?

Daniel

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: