POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV-Ray Language Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:12:34 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Language (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: James
Subject: POV-Ray Language
Date: 14 Jan 1999 15:32:05
Message: <369e5445.0@news.povray.org>
When I first got POV-Ray I wanted to know what language you use to make the
graphics.  If anyone can tell me what it is I would really appreciate it.

James

E-mail: bea### [at] compuvisionnet
ICQ #: 17136867

Post a reply to this message

From: Andrew Cocker
Subject: Re: POV-Ray Language
Date: 14 Jan 1999 20:32:05
Message: <369e9a95.0@news.povray.org>
James wrote in message <369e5445.0@news.povray.org>...
>When I first got POV-Ray I wanted to know what language you use to make the
>graphics.  If anyone can tell me what it is I would really appreciate it.
>
>James
>
>E-mail: bea### [at] compuvisionnet
>ICQ #: 17136867

Er, I believe it's called 'English'.

Sorry, couldn't resist it ;)

Andy

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Jan 1999 23:42:23
Message: <369EC73A.41E6D2C8@aol.com>
POV script, it is commonly refered to.
As someone else pointed out (elsewhere), the language for producing the
images (scenes) is both user made and hard coded into the program (known
as keywords).
The user can invent (define) his/her own vocabulary through #declare
statements.
The limiting factor being mostly the language built into POV-Ray, which
is English.
Hope I've shed a little more 'light_source' on the subject.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob

Post a reply to this message

What I was wondering was, what TYPE of language is it? Like there is a
language named, "C++".  Is it similar to it or now even close?

James
E-mail: bea### [at] compuvisionnet
ICQ #: 17136867
Homepage: www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Pointe/2977/james.html (Nothing made
in POV-Ray on my homepage)

Bob Hughes wrote in message <369EC73A.41E6D2C8@aol.com>...
>POV script, it is commonly refered to.
>As someone else pointed out (elsewhere), the language for producing the
>images (scenes) is both user made and hard coded into the program (known
>as keywords).
>The user can invent (define) his/her own vocabulary through #declare
>statements.
>The limiting factor being mostly the language built into POV-Ray, which
>is English.
>Hope I've shed a little more 'light_source' on the subject.
>
>James wrote:
>>
>> When I first got POV-Ray I wanted to know what language you use to make
the
>> graphics.  If anyone can tell me what it is I would really appreciate it.
>>
>> James
>>
>> E-mail: bea### [at] compuvisionnet
>> ICQ #: 17136867
>
>--
> omniVERSE: beyond the universe
>  http://members.aol.com/inversez/POVring.htm
>=Bob

Post a reply to this message

> What I was wondering was, what TYPE of language is it? Like there is a
> language named, "C++".  Is it similar to it or now even close?
>
> James

Pov-Ray is currently written in C. The next major re-write of
the program will be done in C++.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet