POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Re: How to convert Povray images to Jpeg without losing quality. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to convert Povray images to Jpeg without losing quality. (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike Faneros
Subject: Re: How to convert Povray images to Jpeg without losing quality.
Date: 12 Apr 1998 17:07:14
Message: <35312D01.E8B44784@ou.edu>
Graphics Workshop 95 is the way to go IMHO.  More file supports than you can shake a
stick at and will create avi's.  The only downside to it is the annoying voice
message telling you to regester when you close.

Mike

Ian wrote:

> Dinesh Shah wrote in message <3488ff35.0@news.povray.org>...
> >U can use Paint Shop Pro to convert between various file formats. >PSP can
> >handle many graphics formats. It's also possible to convert files in a >batch
> >process so many files can be converted at time say for ur animation
> >
> >Dinesh Shah :-)
> >din### [at] indiamailcom
>
> I agree.  Paint Shop Pro is a great converter and image creater/editor/enhancer!

Post a reply to this message

If you can handle command-line programs, and are only going to be
working on images 640x480 or less, I'd strongly suggest Image Alchemy
(from http://www.handmadesw.com/hsi/download.html)

The free version does up to 640x480, and it also does more formats than
you can shake a stick at, and no nags. No AVI, but lots of other decent
support. Batch converting for creating a single unified palette,
converting to that palette, etc. is supported very well.