POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Re: How to convert Povray images to Jpeg without losing quality. : Re: How to convert Povray images to Jpeg without losing quality. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:11:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to convert Povray images to Jpeg without losing quality.
From: JK
Date: 7 Sep 1998 18:16:46
Message: <35f44d3e.0@news.povray.org>
The thing is, JPEG format always means a loss of quality
(unless you set the compression level to 0.. I never tried
that, because it keeps the filesize big, but I think even
then the quality goes down.
What you'll probably want is an invisible loss of quality.
With a good paint program, this can sometimes be achieved by
reducing the amount of colors (using error diffusion), but
the result doesn't always look very good.
I think JPG on a not-too-high/not-too-low compression level
is still the best format for web publishing.

Good luck experimenting,

JK
http://surf.to/jkhome