POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Somebody Help Me... Server Time
7 May 2024 03:33:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Somebody Help Me... (Message 11 to 20 of 35)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Somebody Help Me...
Date: 4 Mar 2003 03:19:32
Message: <3e646194@news.povray.org>
In article <cja### [at] netplexaussieorg> ,
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>  wrote:

>> for tasks that they took Mac OS 9 users 33 minutes and Mac OS X users 37
>> minutes to complete on average (7 and 12 users respectively).  That is a
>> "only" 12% difference, but on a full 8 hour workday is almost one hour of
>
> 7 OS 9 users and 12 OS X users, at completely different locations? 4
> minutes difference? That study doesn't show anything about the usability
> differences.

No, it just shows that you don't know how usability is tested.  And the
location does matter at all for a usability study (well, it would if the
locations where seriously different in setup, i.e. one indoors and one
outdoors during a snowstorm for example).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde