POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Re: Somebody Help Me... : Re: Somebody Help Me... Server Time
29 May 2024 00:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Somebody Help Me...
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 4 Mar 2003 18:22:01
Message: <cjameshuff-78A817.18220104032003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e646194@news.povray.org>,
 "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> No, it just shows that you don't know how usability is tested.  And the
> location does matter at all for a usability study (well, it would if the
> locations where seriously different in setup, i.e. one indoors and one
> outdoors during a snowstorm for example).

It appears you know little about setting up experiments. You need to
eliminate as many extraneous variables as possible, geographic location
could make a big difference, and this sample size is pretty small. This
study could easily have shown Windows had the best interface.

> The speed of the browser has absolutely nothing to do with this.  Nobody
> measures speed differences of rendering pages in sub-second times.  It is
> only relevant that the pages render in one to two seconds (more isn't
> possible over intranets these days).

And the sub-second time it takes to access a menu does? And the
milliseconds difference between fixed and slightly moving menus? It
takes me far longer to find an item in a menu than to find the menu
itself, and I spend very little time doing that.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/