POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Alpha channels in batch renders? Server Time
18 May 2024 07:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Alpha channels in batch renders? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Paul Kuehn
Subject: Alpha channels in batch renders?
Date: 23 Jan 2002 11:16:26
Message: <B8743DFA.F666%pkuehn@mac.com>
Question: I know how to turn on alpha channels in the rendering prefs, but
they only get saved if I do a "Save As" on the rendered image. The image
file that is automatically saved when I render does not contain the alpha
channel.

Therefore, when I do a batch rendering, the saved images do not have the
alpha channel, even though it was enabled in the settings.

Am I missing something?

Paul

(POV-Ray Mac 3.1.g.r2)

Post a reply to this message

> Question: I know how to turn on alpha channels in the rendering prefs, but
> they only get saved if I do a "Save As" on the rendered image. The image
> file that is automatically saved when I render does not contain the alpha
> channel.
>
> Therefore, when I do a batch rendering, the saved images do not have the
> alpha channel, even though it was enabled in the settings.
>
> Am I missing something?

Image format? Not all image formats support the alpha channel. Try it
with .png and see what happens (if you are not already).

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

Although I was trying with pict, which _does_ support alpha, and it worked
with the manual save, just not the automatic. Wonder why?

Paul

> From: Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
> Newsgroups: povray.macintosh
> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:04:05 -0800
> Subject: Re: Alpha channels in batch renders?
>

> Paul Kuehn wrote:
>>
>> Question: I know how to turn on alpha channels in the rendering prefs, but
>> they only get saved if I do a "Save As" on the rendered image. The image
>> file that is automatically saved when I render does not contain the alpha
>> channel.
>>
>> Therefore, when I do a batch rendering, the saved images do not have the
>> alpha channel, even though it was enabled in the settings.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> Image format? Not all image formats support the alpha channel. Try it
> with .png and see what happens (if you are not already).
>
> --
> Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message